If you haven't figured it out yet, we at Kitchen Repertoire like our eggs any style, any time. So here's yet another idea for you egg lovers out there.
Poached Egg with Sauteed Ramps and Golden Bread Crumbs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 bunch ramps, trimmed and rinsed
- Flaky sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 4 eggs- hunt down the best you can find as farm fresh eggs are transformative
- 1 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons capers, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
Heat 2 tablespoons in skillet over medium heat. Add ramps and season with salt and pepper. Cook just until ramps take on some color. Add about 2 tablespoons water, cover and let steam until ramps are sod and tender, about 3 minutes. Remove ramps from pan and transfer to a plate. Meanwhile bring a small skillet filled with water to a boil and poach eggs to desired runny/firm state. With eggs poaching, wipe out ramp skillet, add butter and melt over medium heat. Add capers and breadcrumbs and cook until golden. Douse with lemon juice and sauté to crisp. Divide ramps and eggs between serving plates. Sprinkle with bread crumb mixture. Season with more salt and pepper as needed.