Savory Corn Pudding
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1 Jalapeno pepper, diced
- 2 scallions, trimmed and finely chopped
- 4 ears corn, corn kernels sliced from cobs
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 12 eggs
- 3 cups tortilla chips, broken into smallish pieces
- Chopped tomato salad, for serving
Heat oven to 350. Melt butter and olive oil together in a large skillet over a low flame. Add onions and cook until soft and translucent, about 5 minutes. Add jalapeno and scallions and cook a few minutes more. Add corn, increase heat slightly and cook until corn is tender and whole mix is starting to turn golden and caramelize. Season well with salt and pepper.
Break eggs into a large mixing bowl. Stir in chips and let stand about 5 minutes to soften. Return heat under skillet to low. Add egg mixture to pan and cook, stirring often just until eggs start to set but as still very wet. Transfer whole mess into a largish baking dish (approximately 7 x 11) and bake until eggs are cooked through, about 10 minutes. Serve hot along side chopped tomatoes. Makes for fabulous left-overs.