Inspired by the colors of a budding spring and chirping birds.Read More
Cold Sesame Noodles with Chopped Cucumber and Bean Salad
Falls into the category of food we could eat everyday.
- 1 pound noodles - we used rice but egg noodles are traditional.
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil, plus more for noodles
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar, plus more for vegetables
- 2 tablespoons sesame paste
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons chili-garlic paste, or to taste
- 1 cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 1 large handful yellow flat beans, blanched to tender and chopped
- 1 small bunch cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
Cook noodles according to package instructions. The noodles should be on the firm side of cooked. Drain and rinse in cold water. Transfer to a bowl and hit with a healthy splash of sesame oil.
Combine sesame oil, soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame paste, peanut butter, sugar, ginger, garlic and chili-garlic paste in the bowl of a food processor. Blend until just smooth. Adjust seasoning with a tad more chili paste if desired. Pour sauce over cooked noodles and toss well. Combine cucumber, beans and cilantro in a small bowl. Dress lightly with rice vinegar and spoon over noodles. Sprinkle the whole thing with sesame seeds. Serve immediately.