Chopped Fennel Salad with Toasted Almonds and Green Olives
Fennel changes in both taste and character depending upon how it is sliced.
- 1 cup almonds, toasted and coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup green olives, pitted and roughly chopped
- 6 bulbs baby fennel, halved and sliced about 1/6 inch thick
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 1 lemon, flesh removed from membranes and halved
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Combine almond, olives, fennel and parsley in a serving bowl. Whisk together lemon sections, lemon juice and olive oil in a small bowl. Pour dressing over fennel salad and season with salt and pepper just before serving.