Tres Leche Cake
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 5 eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- fruit, such as sliced mango and pomegranate seeds, for serving
Heat oven to 350. Line a 9 inch spring form pan with parchment paper and set aside. Whisk flour and baking powder together in a small bowl. Cream together butter and sugar and then beat in eggs, one a time, mixing well between each addition. Stir in vanilla and then fold in flour - mixing just enough to combine. Scrape batter into prepared pan. Bake until set and golden, about 35 - 40 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand until completely cool.
Combine three milks. Use a bamboo skewer to dock entire surface of cake - creating small holes. Set cake pan in a tray of some sort in order to catch drips. Pour combined milks over cake. Transfer cake (and tray) to refrigerator and let stand over night. The cake should soak up just about all of the liquid.
Just before serving combine heavy cream and confectioners sugar and whip to soft dreamy peaks. Remove cake from pan, discard liner and set on a serving platter. Spread cake with cream and garnish with fruit as desired.