Father's Day Burger with Chopped Fennel, Celery and Cucumber Relish
- 2 small bulbs fennel (the really pretty ones you find in the market right now) or 1 large bulb fennel, finely chopped
- 2 inner stalks celery, trimmed and finely chopped
- 1 cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 small handful fresh chervil, steams removed
- 3 tablespoons seasoned rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
Combine fennel, celery, cucumber and half the chervil in a small bowl. Season with vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper and let stand about 30 minutes. Stir in remaining chervil just before serving.
Fathers day is hardly the time to mess with anyones' grilling practice. Might just mention that a burger made with 1 part pork, 1 part beef and 1 part veal is worth a try. Just saying! Go ahead and season the mix with a pinch of both fennel and celery seed.