Chia Pudding with Whipped Coconut Cream
- 3 cups unsweetened almond or cashew milk, best is homemade
- 2 tablespoons coconut or date sugar
- Pinch nutmeg, cardamon and dried ginger
- 1 cup chia seeds
- 1 can (13.5 ounces) organic coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Chopped almonds and ripe bananas, for serving
Whisk together nut milk, sugar and spices in a large mixing bowl. Sprinkle chia seeds over liquid and stir well so that chia seeds absorb liquid and no lumps form. Refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight.
Meanwhile, chill coconut milk for several hours. Scoop the solid cream from top of can, avoiding any of the watery liquid at bottom of can, into a chilled mixing bowl. Add vanilla extract. Beat cream with an electric mixer on high speed until light and fluffy. Spoon chia pudding into bowls. Top with a dollop of whipped coconut cream. Sprinkle with chopped almonds and sliced bananas just before serving.