Chunky Potato Leek Soup
- 8 cups rich golden chicken stock, use your favorite recipe or one of ours
- 4 medium leeks, tough green ends discarded, split, chopped and rinsed free of grit
- 6 russet potatoes, peeled and cut into bite sized pieces
- Sea salt and coarse black pepper
- Sour cream and fresh herbs, for serving
Combine chicken stock, leeks and potatoes in a large soup pot. Season well with salt and pepper. Set over high heat and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, until leeks are soft and velvety and potatoes very tender, about 30 minutes. There should still be quite a bit of stock in the pot but if not - add more as needed. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper and serve with a generous dollop of sour cream and favorite fresh herbs - we loved with cilantro.